Tuesday, 4 March 2014

It's only fair the first poem is one of my own

This I've had for a few years now. I used to work rotational shifts in a factory and adjusting your body clock to suit the shift could sometimes be tough. Magpies used to gravitate to my ex-girlfriends place in Victoria; from around 5.30 they would keep me company as I tried to fall asleep after a night or evening shift.  

morning Bird
given to fly

stretch out your
wings before night
fills the sky

evening bird
late night caller

mourning lament for
insomniac friends

do you rise early?
or stay up late

morning bird
wakeup call

the night has
passed and you
brought the dew

mourning bird
now misty shadow

the sun is now rising 
and it seems
you start early

warbling bird
you've woken my lover

I know the truth
and

you always stay up

Slim William

No comments:

Post a Comment